Mr. New Year

Mr. New Year
...and a Happy New Year to you too.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Merry Belated Christmas and Happy Belated New Year!!!

Okay, so it's been a little while since I've posted. I suck, I know, but you all will be happy to know I haven't been sitting idly. I finished Fury's Storm as promised and I'm now in the throes of subbing it out to agents in hopes of landing a much larger deal than my last novel. Maybe even my dream agent: Mrs. Brown of Brown Literary Agency out of Florida--if she will have me---.

So far I've sent out 22 queries and have gotten 3 partial requests. Yay me!! Don’t get excited…lol. I have a total of 95 agents and/or publishers to go through. Hopefully, it won’t take all or even half of them for me to find the one, but you know… This publishing business is more than a little subjective.

I haven't begun the editing on He Belongs to Me with the publisher yet, but based on what the EIC (editor-in-chief) says, it should be out during the summer--the beginning, middle, or end?--I haven't a clue. But I'll let you all know as soon as I do.

Moving on to more up to date things...

So, we've moved into a new year full of promise and potential. I generally don't make resolutions but I have set a few goals for myself:

• Land a great agent (you had to know that was going to be first.)

• Get back to my 2006 weight (130 lbs.)

• Write and finalize two additional books (one from each of my series)

• Go to three states I've never been to (LV, TN, CA)

• Get rid of dead weight (both in my personal life and professional life)


Well that's mines. What's yours and how do you plan on meeting each of your goals?

To all my fan-fiction buddies out there, I haven’t forgotten about you. I started working on the new chapter a few days ago and I’m please with where it’s going. I’ll try to have it updated no later than the 14th of Feb.

Stay blessed all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on you know you want to. Go ahead and leave a comment.