Mr. New Year

Mr. New Year
...and a Happy New Year to you too.

Monday, August 15, 2011

The Winner of the AMP Tour Interview's Me

This should be a blast!!!  And here weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee go!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~

K: What do you love most about writing? What do you hope for your writing career in the next few years?

N: Very good question, Kim!! What I love most about writing is that there are no boundaries. If I want to write about mermaids who can’t swim, or vampires with webbed feet that thrive in water or flies that carry the vaccine for AIDS, I can and no one can tell me I can’t. I guess, I love that while I’m writing, reality is what I say reality is.

In the next few years, with regard to my writing career, I hope to have landed one of the top five agents in the business and have at least two of my books on the NY Times Bestsellers list. If I’m going to dream I might as well dream big, right?

K: How long does it take to write a book for you? Is there much research involved in your stories?

N: The time it takes me to write a book varies. For instance, He Belongs to Me took about 45 days to write, but Storm’s Fury, the novel I’m subbing out now, took six to eight months. I guess it really depends on how heavy I want the writing to be. So as to your second question, yes, I do research when necessary.

K: What would we find on your bookcase if we looked? What is one of your favorite authors?

N: If you looked at my bookcase you would find such a mixture of novels it would probably make your head spin. Let’s see, there’s some Lora Leigh, she’s one of my all time favorite paranormal romance authors, Christine Feehan, a little bit of Angela Knight, and quite a few JD Robb novels. There are also a lot of John Sanford, Lee Childs, John Saul, and I think I have one or two Zane books in there somewhere. Told you it was quite a mixture…lol.

K: What was the last book you read (e or print) and did you like it? What are you currently reading now?

N: Since I got my kindle, I’ve been really big into e-books. I can download a novel straight from the internet to my kindle in like 6 six seconds. It’s crazy!! Let’s see, the last book I read was an old Lora Leigh novel, I think it was Jacob’s Faith or maybe Aiden’s Charity. I’m really not sure, because I devour those books like a dog does peanut butter. (lol) And yes, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Right now I’m reading a paranormal romance Anthology, but the first story bored the living crap out of me so I haven’t picked it back up in about a week or so.

K: Out of all your books, do you have a favourite one? If not, then which one is closest to your heart?

N: I do have a favourite but it’s still a work in progress. I’ve been writing it for over five years and am now at chapter 65 and it’s still going. I think it’s one of those that probably won’t be released until I’m a well established author and then it will have to be broken down into two or three books. As of right now it has no working title. It’s definitely closest to my heart out of all of my books.

K: Could you tell us a little about how you develop your characters? Who has been your favorite character to write? The most challenging?

N: My characters sort of develop themselves at first, and then during the “gutting” I go back through and add in the little twitches that make them human. The character that was the most fun to write had to Ice, Phia’s best friend from He Belongs to Me. She’s just a ball of fun—every girls bestfriend!! The most challenging by far would be Donté. He’s been through so much in his life that his feelings at times were hard to sort out, especially where Phia was concerned.

K: What character out of all your books is the closest to your personality?

N: The character that most closely resembles me is in a novel I’ve only recently begun working on. She’s a control freak, set in her ways, who thinks her way is always the right way. When she falls it’s going to be quite a tumble. That novel probably won’t be out until the end of 2012.

K: You have to ask a fictional character out on a date—who would you ask and what would you do together?

N: Wow, Kim you’re entirely too good at this! These questions are awesome!! Let’s see, I’d probably ask out Jack Reacher from Lee Child’s Reacher Series. What would we do for a date, well, let’s just say we wouldn’t be leaving the house…lol.

K: You come back from the dead as a spirit, what message are you trying to get across?

N: Where the heck are you getting these questions? (lol) To the question, I honestly don’t know what I would want to get across because I’ve never experienced death, but I would hope it would be something along the lines of there’s no need to be afraid of death because it’s just as the bible says it is...beautiful!!

K: If your muse were to talk behind your back, what secrets would he/she tell?

N: The rat-fink bastard would probably tell you that all the little dark moments in my books are the closes to my real thoughts. You know the ones; you don’t want other people to know you have. I should probably delete this answer, but I want. (lol)

K: What is your favorite way to relax after a hard day working and writing?

N: With a nice cold beer, preferably a Dos Equis and a trip to the dog park with my favorite pouch.

K: If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 5 things would you have with you?

N: Wow, well let’s see... I would bring a satellite phone with a back up battery, a grill, some steaks, charcoal, and twelve-pack of Dos Equis. I’d have everything I needed to grill out while I wait to be rescued.

Wow, Kim great questions!! It’s been fun and please feel free to stop back by anytime for a visit and to chat!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, been on vacation. :)

    Great answers Nya! I had fun reading them! I tried to cover a lot of different areas, and you managed an answer to every one, no matter how involved or quirky it was! ;)

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Come on you know you want to. Go ahead and leave a comment.