Mr. New Year

Mr. New Year
...and a Happy New Year to you too.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I guess some novelists do get some love...

Once again, I've been lax with updating this blog, but late is better than never, isn't it?

Anyway, I wanted to let you few, who actually view this blog from time to time know that I am currently in possession of two contract offers to publish my novel, He Belongs to Me.  It was at one time called I Need a M.A.N. 

Yes, you heard me correctly.  I have two contract offers on the table and I'm waiting patiently for a third which should be coming any day now.

In one of my previous posts, I was complaining about query letters and synopsis' and how hard they were to write.  I'm not saying it got any easier because it didn't, but the following is the one that has me here reviewing two contracts:

The last thing Phia Zen wants to do is date an android. She wants a real man with real emotions. Unfortunately, they’re nearly extinct.



Phia begrudgingly chooses a companion at her mother’s insistence and is surprised to find Donté is far from electronic. Just when she believes her prayers have been answered, she learns he belongs to the most powerful woman in the world. This revelation leads Phia to the discovery that her female-run society was built on the premeditated extinction of the male half of the human species and the forced slavery of thousands more. If she turns a blind eye, she’ll lose Donté. But if she speaks out against this deception, she’ll risk not only losing Donté, but her life as well.


When Donté’s consciousness fully awakens, Phia’s choice is clear. She must right the wrongs done against him or risk losing any chance she has at him ever loving her. Together, they embark on a mission to free the men being held in captivity, but quickly learn they are now the most wanted couple in the country. At the risk of losing her life and any chance she has at love, Phia must devise a way to bring decades of deception to light while coming face to face with the woman who wants her head on a silver stake.


That's the one!!!  And for those of you who didn't know what the book was about, you can call this your first glance.  Both contracts say I can't post any chapters, so you'll need to wait for the book to come out to read more.  That aside, I will be posting the dreaded synopsis in my next post, which will give you all an even closer look into the heart of the book.

Okay, gotta go now.  I have a little writing to do on my next novel, Fury's Storm. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on you know you want to. Go ahead and leave a comment.